Rive Gauche Patisserie


I was doing my grocery shopping at Cold Storage in Tampines 1 last Friday and was planning to get some cakes or black ball home for my family but wasn't able to make up my mind until I saw Rive Gauche that is just outside Cold Storage. From the display, all the cakes looks super delicious but there are only 2 cakes that my family enjoys most; Strawberry Shortcake and Tiramisu. I ended up also buying these marble-like chocolates that cost 3 for $5 since they looked so cool and it's still sitting in my fridge. 

Tiramisu (☆)
There's only one sentence to describe this Tiramisu and that is "it taste as good as it looks or even better". I'm very particular when it comes to tiramisu so when I say it's good, I believe most people will somehow say its good too or maybe just decent, I don't know. It really depends on your satisfaction level. 

I believe strongly that in a Tiramisu, each layers and elements must be equally distributed. You know how some tiramisu only have a layer of sponge on the bottom and the rest is just cream and cocoa powder on top, those are simply not good. Let's not go to those tiramisu where you can only taste the wine and nothing else.

For this tiramisu, each layer of elements is equally distributed which I love. You have the sponge, the cream, the sponge again and the cream then comes the cocoa powder. The ideal tiramisu. The espresso  taste in the sponge is neither too strong or too light so the taste is just nice. I don't really remember if I tasted the wine in it which I prefer so it's good for me. It's cream, yum! Overall, it's really good so I would recommend you guys to try this one if you happen to pop by Rive Gauche.

Strawberry Shortcake (☆)
The key to a good Strawberry Shortcake is that fluffy sponge, cream that is not too heavy but still capture the essence and last but not least, fresh strawberries. I have eaten quite a few of strawberry shortcake that have these dried out sponge and way too heavy cream which swallow the strawberry, and I can say I'm not impressed nor satisfied. 

The impression of strawberry shortcake to me is always so light, fluffy and not too over the top but yet you go all melty melty the moment you put them into your mouth. Well that is the magic of strawberry shortcake. It don't have to be something sinful to satisfied your taste bubs. 

This one over here, hmm, taste SO good!. It's not too sweet either which is definitely a plus for me and this cake definitely gives me a smile on my face and go "I'm satisfied!" with 2 big thumbs up. Would recommend you guys to try out this lovely Strawberry Shortcake from Rive Gauche as well and let me know how you guys find it.

Hope you guys will like these cakes as much as I do.

Til next time!


Rive Gauche Patisserie 

Takashimaya: 391 Orchard Road, #B207-9-2, Food Department
Tel: 6887 4579

Plaza Singapura: 68 Orchard Road, #B2-57
Tel: 6341 9936

Tampines One: 10 Tampines Central, #B1-13
Tel: 6789 5518

JCUBE: 2 Jurong East Central 1, #B1-K12
Tel: 6659 6405

Jurong Point: 1 Jurong West Central 2, #B1-K2 (JP1)
Tel: 6794 5679

Suntec City Mall: 3 Temasek Boulevard, #B1-K2
Tel: 6238 0882

VIVOCITY: 1 Habourfront Walk, #B2-K8
Tel: 6376 8046

Back to Top